× Members

Dispatches tonight

• BR36
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 weeks ago #156104 by BR36
Dispatches tonight was created by BR36
What a total disgrace, the assessors clearly driven by targets (personal and business) so what hope of anyone getting a fair and professional assessment. It's quite clear that they have no interest in any level of detail on an individual's condition and provide inadequate information in their reports before abdicating responsibility of the outcome to the DWP who then use this flawed information to make life changing decisions. How on earth is this being allowed to happen?

On a positive note, the initial assessment and decision surely shouldn't be seen as the end of the road for genuine claimants as the decisions are based on inadequate and/or manipulated information (informal observations, rushed assessments, pre conceived assessor opinions). Going to a tribunal of professionals with factual information and evidence must be a good prospect. The fact that 57% of initial assessments were overturned at tribunal (if I heard correctly) should be ringing alarm bells with those in power about the competence and methods of those carrying out the of initial assessments!
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156112 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dispatches tonight

BR36 wrote: What a total disgrace, the assessors clearly driven by targets (personal and business) so what hope of anyone getting a fair and professional assessment. It's quite clear that they have no interest in any level of detail on an individual's condition and provide inadequate information in their reports before abdicating responsibility of the outcome to the DWP who then use this flawed information to make life changing decisions. How on earth is this being allowed to happen?

On a positive note, the initial assessment and decision surely shouldn't be seen as the end of the road for genuine claimants as the decisions are based on inadequate and/or manipulated information (informal observations, rushed assessments, pre conceived assessor opinions). Going to a tribunal of professionals with factual information and evidence must be a good prospect. The fact that 57% of initial assessments were overturned at tribunal (if I heard correctly) should be ringing alarm bells with those in power about the competence and methods of those carrying out the of initial assessments!

I'm afraid that it wasn't anywhere near 57%.

I'm afraid as this is a discussion topic I'm locking it to further posts.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.