× Members

Dla to pip

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156116 by smiffy
Dla to pip was created by smiffy
I was receiving low rate care and mobility Dla. Following a pip assessment both were refused. I have informed them that I want a reconsideration. I have a copy of the report PA4 V3 and in several places she refers to me as Mrs Jones not Mrs Smith and also states I live in a single storey house which I don't.
I will put this and other discrepancies in writing but would these have any impact on the decision?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156130 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla to pip

smiffy wrote: I was receiving low rate care and mobility Dla. Following a pip assessment both were refused. I have informed them that I want a reconsideration. I have a copy of the report PA4 V3 and in several places she refers to me as Mrs Jones not Mrs Smith and also states I live in a single storey house which I don't.
I will put this and other discrepancies in writing but would these have any impact on the decision?

This is always difficult, if you show that the assessment report you have received is for another individual, then the most likely result is that a new assessment will be ordered. If you feel that this is the case then I think it likely that you'll need more than just the name and the house.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

So I would sit down with your PIP2, the assessment report and our Claim guide to see how you can show that you meet the criteria for an award and then show that the assessors conclusions are inaccurate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156203 by smiffy
Replied by smiffy on topic Dla to pip
Thank you. I had 7 points for daily living and 4 for mobility so I will follow the guides as you advise. I phoned to tell them I wanted a reconsideration and was told they had logged it and I now had t28 days to send any further evidence but the sooner the better. The next day I received a text saying they were looking at the decision again and I don't need to,contact them.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156208 by smiffy
Replied by smiffy on topic Dla to pip
Thank you. I had 7 points for daily living and 4 for mobility so I will follow the guides as you advise. I phoned to tell them I wanted a reconsideration and was told they had logged it and I now had t28 days to send any further evidence but the sooner the better. The next day I received a text saying they were looking at the decision again and I don't need to,contact them. Without further info they're hardly likely to change the decision?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156209 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla to pip

smiffy wrote: Thank you. I had 7 points for daily living and 4 for mobility so I will follow the guides as you advise. I phoned to tell them I wanted a reconsideration and was told they had logged it and I now had t28 days to send any further evidence but the sooner the better. The next day I received a text saying they were looking at the decision again and I don't need to,contact them.

I would follow up with a written request for an MR, there's a template letter that you can use in the PIP section under appeals, just to make sure, we've had someone post today that their phone requested MR was lost.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: smiffy

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156218 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Dla to pip
Let's be honest - they rarely change the decision at MR anyway! :angry:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.