× Members

Pip appeal hearing

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156148 by Collette
Pip appeal hearing was created by Collette
Hello, I have just received my appeal hearing date for the 29th April and I'm obviously worried about the outcome and what to expect to happen at the actual hearing, I'm going in by myself and do get anxious, does anyone have any advice or details that be of help to me please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #156151 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip appeal hearing
Hi Collette and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It's natural for you to be anxious about this but most people find that it is not as daunting as they fear!

As this is a PIP appeal there will be 3 people on the panel - a chairman, a doctor and a disability member (this is someone who has personal experience of disability either as a carer or person with an impairment of some kind). It is possible that DWP will send a 'Presenting Officer' to make their case but he will not be allowed to 'cross question' you.

Although the Tribunal Service is part of the legal establishment (so, nothing to do with DWP) the hearing will be quite informal - no wigs or gowns! You will be asked questions and whoever accompanies you will probably be asked, at the end, if they have anything to add.

The panel might give you the decision there and then but, if they are busy, they might inform you by post afterwards.

Have a look at these links and reply to this message if/when you have further questions.

Appearing before a tribunal

Preparing for a Tribunal

The video the government tried to ban.

Finally - PIP guide, make sure you understand the criteria against which you will be assessed

PIP help for claimants

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP/ESA/DLA related queries to this topic ! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP appeal related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.