× Members

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156168 by araiangel
PIP Mandatory Reconsideration was created by araiangel
Hello All,

I have just received the dreaded brown envelope for my daughters request for pip. On DLA we received the higher rate and lower mobility.

Well the envelope has been opened and she has scored 11 points on the daily living components and 0 points for mobility.

Questions I would like to put in a mandatory reconsideration for the daily living components, whilst I am waiting for mandatory reconsideration will she still be paid the standard rate of the daily living component?

I am at a loss as to how they have scored her.
Taking nutrition she scored a 4 but preparing food a 2 (she doesn't prepare any food as she causes fires)
Managing therapy scored a 1, but if I don't do her therapy she would not

Making budgeting decisions I am her appointee and yet she only scored a 2, but when the assessor came to see her he agreed she could not make any budgeting decisions

We received nothing for mobility as the decision maker decided that she can plan a route of a journey unaided safely, repeatedly and reliably. This decision is because she attends a mainstream school and has a standard dose of medication (though this a high for a child of her age and her doctor wont put her any higher)

My question are should I go for MR?
Will she still receive her daily living component whilst in MR?

Thank you for reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #156184 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Mandatory Reconsideration
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Of course it is up to you whether you go for a Mandatory Reconsideration or not. However, I can give you some information to help you make that decision :)

Yes, your daughter would continue to receive payment for the daily living component until/unless a decision was made to remove it. I have to warn you that, even though you might emphasise that you only want the mobility component reconsidered, DWP are allowed to look at both and often do so. Therefore you should be as sure as possible, in your own mind, that the daily living part is safe before going further.

If you do not already have it, it would be helpful to obtain a copy of the assessment report (there will be one of these even if your daughter did not have a face2face assessment ). You can phone DWP and ask for this, or send in a letter. However, you should not delay ( beyond 4 weeks) requesting the MR even if the report has not arrived - you can always say that you reserve the right to send in additional information when the report has arrived.

Have you seen the actual criteria against which your daughter was assessed? This can be helpful when phrasing your MR submission. These can be found in our PIP guide, as can a fuller explanation of the process.

PIP help for claimants

I suggest that you have a good look at the guide and then come back with further questions.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your queries relating to your daughter's PIP to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.