× Members

disabled access to ESA assessment centre

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156214 by homer
The centre for ESA work capability assessments that i have been sent to for my face to face interrogation is situated on the second floor, accessible by some 49 stairs, there is a lift in the building but this cannot be used in the event of an emergency evacuation, a fire alarm for instance.

I can not manage even a short flight of steps without severe pain and difficulty, my home has been adapted so i can manage without having to use the stairs. I have made the DWP aware of this when i filled out the initial forms, do they not have a duty of care for their "clients" safety

what would they expect me to do in the case of an emergency, moreover is it even legal to be put in that predicament in the first place

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #156217 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic disabled access to ESA assessment centre
Hi Homer,

Wrong though it is, the simple fact is that the people making the appointments do not have access to the form with your details. Thus they have no knowledge of dates that you are unavailable or any limitations you have :(

You need to contact Maximus and arrange for an assessment somewhere that is accessible for you. Unfortunately, that could mean that the assessment centre is some distance away. You can try and argue that this should not count as your one allowed re-arrangement but I don't know if you will be successful.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156329 by homer
Replied by homer on topic disabled access to ESA assessment centre
many thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.