× Members

Question on Tasks in Home Visit

More
7 years 11 months ago #158334 by King_Drax_I
Replied by King_Drax_I on topic Question on Tasks in Home Visit
Got our result today - interesting. The DM has gone 100% with the assessor, as we suspected they would, but actually we have a mixed bag of news.

Our worry was that although my daughter was (correcly) assessed as unable to walk, and therefore we strongly suspected she'd get enhanced mobility component, yet she would get no points at all for daily living.

Despite the lies in the assessor's report we have still been awarded standard daily living component (under DLA she got enhanced daily living) which means we are about £100 worse off every month.

BUT, and this is really good news, she has been awarded both components 'for an ongoing period'; next review is in 2026! So, good and bad; we can cope without the £100 per month even if only to avoid going back into the 'system'.

In essence, I would imagine we will not even ask for a MR, much less take it to appeal. We will let it sit for a few days, of course, but all in all this is a much better outcome than we'd expected.

The only thing is that many of her points for Daily Living component come from her apparently being able to use 'aids', which she cannot do because she gets too tired (she has ME/CFS). And if the DWP manage to change the rules about aids we're sunk..... but we will wait and see I think.

Thank you everyone for your help on this case - this really is a brilliant site giving an excellent service and is well worth the money!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158368 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Question on Tasks in Home Visit
Drax

Congratulations on the award and I am glad that you are happy with it.

DLA Higher Rate CARE was awarded for very specific circumstances which PIP does not take into account, it's one of those areas where a lot of claimants may see change.

Thank you for your comments about the site.

The rule change for the use of aids has been shelved.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: King_Drax_I

More
7 years 11 months ago #158371 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Question on Tasks in Home Visit
Hi Drax,

I'm glad you are reasonably happy with the award your daughter got. Thanks for taking the time to let us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: King_Drax_I

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.