× Members

ESA Support group 2012 but No NI Contributions

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156286 by kirsty3
I wonder if anyone can help me. I recently telephoned for a Pension Forecast ( I am 62 and have to wait till 65 .5 ) and whilst on the phone I was told that since transferred from Incapacity Benefit to ESA ( Support Group ) with the help of B&W no NI contributions had been made.
The HMRC told me to get in touch with the Benefits office. I am really worried about doing this as I am overdue for review.....it should have been last summer. 2015. The telephone numbers have changed. I dont want to draw attention to myself but I need to get the NI Contributions back up to date. I thought ESA Support did pay NI . Grateful for any help. Thanks Worried :( :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156292 by Gordon

kirsty3 wrote: I wonder if anyone can help me. I recently telephoned for a Pension Forecast ( I am 62 and have to wait till 65 .5 ) and whilst on the phone I was told that since transferred from Incapacity Benefit to ESA ( Support Group ) with the help of B&W no NI contributions had been made.
The HMRC told me to get in touch with the Benefits office. I am really worried about doing this as I am overdue for review.....it should have been last summer. 2015. The telephone numbers have changed. I dont want to draw attention to myself but I need to get the NI Contributions back up to date. I thought ESA Support did pay NI . Grateful for any help. Thanks Worried :( :(

Benefits such as ESA and IB do not pay NI Contributions but rather NI Credits which still count towards a full State pension, but you should still check with the DWP that this has been done, doing so should not initiate a re-assessment of your claim.

NI Credits are usually paid yearly, it's not clear how the DWP notify HMRC of entitlement but it does seem to be prone to error.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: kirsty3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.