More
8 years 2 weeks ago #157255 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP

diane wrote: Thankyou again .

My F2F . Tues coming , I

I have issues with Alcohol , Which is stated on my Form ,

As my meeting is getting closer , I feel the only way I will be able to face
the challenge is by having a glass of wine before I get in the Taxi ,

Would this go against me in any way ? Thank you .

I obviously cannot recommend that you have a drink before you attend the assessment!

One drink may not be an issue, but if they have any reason to believe that you are intoxicated or pose a risk to the assessor then you will classed as failing to participate and the assessment will be cancelled,

If this is your first appointment then a new one will be booked which you will need to attend whenever or wherever it is. If it is a second appointment then you risk your file being returned to the DWP and your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #157256 by Gordon

diane wrote: Thankyou again .

My F2F . Tues coming , I

I have issues with Alcohol , Which is stated on my Form ,

As my meeting is getting closer , I feel the only way I will be able to face
the challenge is by having a glass of wine before I get in the Taxi ,

Would this go against me in any way ? Thank you .

I obviously cannot recommend that you have a drink before you attend the assessment!

One drink may not be an issue, but if they have any reason to believe that you are intoxicated or pose a risk to the assessor then you will classed as failing to participate and the assessment will be cancelled,

If this is your first appointment then a new one will be booked which you will need to attend whenever or wherever it is. If it is a second appointment then you risk your file being returned to the DWP and your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #157261 by Gordon

diane wrote: Hi .

Could someone give me a breif Guide to writing a letter from a family member who knows about my difficulties ,

They not that good with letter writing , leaving them apprehensive about doing a letter .
Im not to good with it mysef .

Would be greatful for any guidance .

The letter needs to be headed with their name and address, then they need to explain the relationship to you and how often they see you and the context of the visits. Obviously the more often they see you and if they provide assistance rather then just visiting, the better.

They should explain what they understand of your problems, how they affect you, how often, what you cannot do and why, whatever they feel qualified to report on.

Lastly they need to sign it and include a statement along the lines of "I attest that the above information is true to the best of my knowledge".

Gordon

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #157268 by diane
Replied by diane on topic PIP
Ty for Advice Gordon ,

I will update after Tommorrow .

More
7 years 11 months ago #158918 by diane
Replied by diane on topic PIP
Update .

My assessement went ok , 26/06 . Usual Qs .

The nurse was very nice / understanding .

I phoned 29/06 for medical report , this I received Today .

I scored zero points on 4 of the Qs . Still

Scoring 11 Daily needs .

14 Mob

It it usual for the medical report to have points to the descriptors ?

Before it has been to the desicion maker ?
I did read something about this , sometime ago , Cant find it tho .
Thank you .

More
7 years 11 months ago #158955 by Gordon
Diane

The assessor recommends the Descriptors that they believe the claimant meets, this means that they are recommending the points that they will score.

The Decision Maker/Case Manager will review all of the documentation and decide whether they agree with the recommendation or not.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.