× Members

please can someone help

More
8 years 1 week ago #156340 by badgirl
please can someone help was created by badgirl
my friend. has been called for customer compliance interview. we do not why she had a accident 18 mouths ago and compensation but she got it protected. but she forgot to tell dwp . she is very worried. can they take it offer her now. hope some one can help thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156353 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic please can someone help
C

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I would recommend that you friend gets face to face advice, we are very limited in the advice that we can give in these matters.

It may simply be down to her not informing the DWP. Whether they will attempt any recovery will depend on a number of factors; did the accident contribute to her need to claim benefits? You say that the money is "protected", it needs to be in a trust to which she has no direct access! If this has not been set up correctly then there may have been an over payment of benefits,

This is why she needs to see an advisor as all of these matters require someone to look at the paperwork.

She can have someone with her at the interview, I would strongly recommend that she does.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.