× Members

cancer

More
8 years 1 week ago #156375 by pug
cancer was created by pug
hi all

my wife had cancer and had extensive surgery to take away the tumor, she did not have any chemo or radio but has been left with limited use in one arm and it has affected entire upper body.bending streching ect, we were told yesturday not to expect any further improvement.

are there any rules which cover those recovering from cancer but not receiving or having received chemo or radio.

pug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156389 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic cancer

pug wrote: hi all

my wife had cancer and had extensive surgery to take away the tumor, she did not have any chemo or radio but has been left with limited use in one arm and it has affected entire upper body.bending streching ect, we were told yesturday not to expect any further improvement.

are there any rules which cover those recovering from cancer but not receiving or having received chemo or radio.

pug

I'm afraid if your wife did not receive any radio or chemo therapy then none of the Exemption Regulations apply and she cannot qualify automatically for ESA, PIP has no such clauses.

However, both benefits can take account of the limitations that result from her treatment, so I would have a look at our claim guide for each benefit to see whether she would qualify for either or both.

ESA
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

PIP
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #156412 by pug
Replied by pug on topic cancer
thanks Gordon

i kind of knew this. i will take your advise.

she had good report about the cancer one day which was a good but very worring time, and esa forms the next day, stress or what.

pug

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.