× Members

DLA renewed without question

More
8 years 1 week ago #156407 by Onenonblonde
DLA renewed without question was created by Onenonblonde
I've been on ESA for three years, having switched from IB which was first awarded in 1998. From 2002 I was also awarded DLA (lower rate mobility component only).
In January I had to fill in a fresh ESA 50 form, but three months on I've heard nothing at all about my claim.
Then I got a letter saying my DLA is automatically renewed til 2018. I've had no questionnaire, no mention of being assessed for PIP, and am wondering why this has gone through when so many other people are being sent for F2F and losing their entitlement!
I'm thrilled it's been renewed but bAffled as to why that's automatic.....?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156425 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA renewed without question

Onenonblonde wrote: I've been on ESA for three years, having switched from IB which was first awarded in 1998. From 2002 I was also awarded DLA (lower rate mobility component only).
In January I had to fill in a fresh ESA 50 form, but three months on I've heard nothing at all about my claim.
Then I got a letter saying my DLA is automatically renewed til 2018. I've had no questionnaire, no mention of being assessed for PIP, and am wondering why this has gone through when so many other people are being sent for F2F and losing their entitlement!
I'm thrilled it's been renewed but bAffled as to why that's automatic.....?

As long as you ESA is still in payment then there is nothing to worry about, it may be that Maximus, who now do the ESA assessments have delays in your area.

As to the PIP, we've only seen this done where an invitation to claim PIP has been issued, it may be down to delays again but I would be tempted to contact the DWP to make sure that invitation has not been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onenonblonde

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.