× Members

ESA appeal to move from WRAG to Support Group

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156421 by loukeeya
I have been in the WRAG since 2012 but my PTSD has become much worse and my support worker and trauma therapist feel I should be in the Support Group. I would like to appeal but am worried in case its too late. Can anyone offer advice please? Louise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #156433 by Gordon
L

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

If the last Decision on your claim was made in 2012 then it is too late for you to appeal the Decision, also, they would not have been able to consider any deterioration in your condition.

You can request your claim be re-assessed, you can do this by writing to the DWP office that deals with your ESA.

However, the first thing you need to check is whether you might qualify for the SG in the first place, being too ill for the WRAG is not reason for you to be placed in the SG.

You will need to show that you meet one or more of the SG Descriptors, these are list in our ESA Claim guides. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have any more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156504 by loukeeya
Replied by loukeeya on topic ESA appeal to move from WRAG to Support Group
Thank you Gordon for your advice. I will look at the esa1 as recommended

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.