× Members

What happens when you ask for a reconsideration?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156453 by Joby
I don't agree with my pip award and before I can appeal I have to ask them for a reconsideration. Do I need to provide anymore evidence or complete the application form again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156458 by shelam
Hi Joby

the first thing you need to do is contact the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report.

When you receive this, you go through the report, and using the guides on the website you compare what you have written on your application form with the assessors comments. Where there are discrepancies you need to point out in detail how your ACTUAL problems differ from the assessors comments. Do this with every descriptor you disagree with. Don't be rude or aggressive about it (even though you have every right to!!) just state your case calmly and methodically.

If you have any further evidence to send (a late medical report from the hospital, for example) then enclose this with the rest of your evidence and send it along to the decision maker. Don't send any old medical reports or appointment letters; these are no use and will be ignored.

If the Decision Maker is unable to change his decision he may telephone you to tell you of his decision. In this case, you will then have to decide whether to go to appeal or to let the case be closed. It's really up to you, depending on how sure you are of the strength of your case.

If you need any further help, please let us know. :)

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156485 by Joby
Thank you, it says that I only one month from the date of the letter, is this got me to contact them or for me to have the reconsideration letter in?
Regards
Joby

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156524 by Gordon

Joby wrote: Thank you, it says that I only one month from the date of the letter, is this got me to contact them or for me to have the reconsideration letter in?
Regards
Joby

You need t o make you request for a Mandatory Reconsideration in writing to the DWP office dealing with your claim within one month of the date of the Decision, you can then send further information over the next 3-4 weeks if you need to.

If you make the request outside of the one month, then you need to explain why it is late and the DWP will then have the option of refusing the MR, if they do then there is no appeal of that Decision and you will not be able to take the matter further.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.