× Members

PIP Atos assessment report - what is MSE

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156463 by DixiePea
my son attended a pip assessment DLA to PIP
He has learning difficulties slow processing ASD & is being treated for depression
Despite needing help support with all aspects of his everyday living , with full DSA he's doing a degree at the college he's attended for last 6 yrs
He failed his pip scoring zero . So I requested the assessors report
The decision maker doesn't make the decisions the assessor does. The report shows that . She has contradicted all the way through . Then tick the zero box , her reason, standard was that his problems are inconsistent with the MSE , that he could complete tasks the counting & spelling world . She has also consistently sited that he is at university & went to a normal school .
So these facts hv dismissed the difficulties discussed & noted in her report .
Her report , based on a 35 - 45 min meeting & a 30 minute write up time has over ridden a physiologists report, which is what the DsA report was based on .
It noted good rapport , despite the fact he walked out in a rage & couldn't find his way bk to the room as he got lost in the corridor
I now have to separate the flawed report from why he fits the descriptors

My query is what is MSE as its thorough out report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #156475 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Atos assessment report - what is MSE
DixiePea

MSE stands for Mental State Examination.

I need to correct you, Decisions are made by the DWP, I'll not argue that in the majority of cases they follow the advice from the assessor, but they don't always do so!

You need to make sure that you fully understand the PIP criteria that your son has been assessed against. You should try and avoid arguing against the assessors opinions, you are unlikely to be successful, try and stick to the facts and show that their conclusions are not supported by the available evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156517 by DixiePea
Replied by DixiePea on topic PIP Atos assessment report - what is MSE
Thank you
Begs the question does a physiotherapist have the qualification to do mse ?
I'll work on mandatory as to where he fits the descriptors as accordingly to the assessors report he does but then she has ticked the box zeroing him
Strange

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156552 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Atos assessment report - what is MSE

DixiePea wrote: Thank you
Begs the question does a physiotherapist have the qualification to do mse ?
I'll work on mandatory as to where he fits the descriptors as accordingly to the assessors report he does but then she has ticked the box zeroing him
Strange

You cannot assume that they do not!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.