× Members

Can an award be reversed?

• Merlin Jones
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156571 by Merlin Jones
Can an award be reversed? was created by Merlin Jones
I have just been awarded the standard rate of care for PiP. Nothing for mobility other than 4 points. Despite I am riddled with osteo arthritis.

I am incontinent (full time) and now really do very little in life. Without my Wife I would take my own life; such are the difficulties in managing.

I know you possibly think what I say is awful; but I take a more philosophical outlook. If my Lady goes first I will follow quickly.

So, if I ask them to reconsider the 8 point award for care and 4 for mobility, can I lose the award that I have been given?

Merlin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156614 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Can an award be reversed?

Merlin Jones wrote: I have just been awarded the standard rate of care for PiP. Nothing for mobility other than 4 points. Despite I am riddled with osteo arthritis.

I am incontinent (full time) and now really do very little in life. Without my Wife I would take my own life; such are the difficulties in managing.

I know you possibly think what I say is awful; but I take a more philosophical outlook. If my Lady goes first I will follow quickly.

So, if I ask them to reconsider the 8 point award for care and 4 for mobility, can I lose the award that I have been given?

Merlin

The DWP will look at your whole award if you request a Mandatory Reconsideration, in most cases it's unlikely that they will remove the existing award, but it is a possibility that you need to factor in before you make decision to request an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Merlin Jones

• Merlin Jones
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156684 by Merlin Jones
Replied by Merlin Jones on topic Can an award be reversed?
Thank you Gordon.

Merlin

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.