× Members

PIP assessment this week

More
8 years 1 week ago #156587 by 43djbrooks
PIP assessment this week was created by 43djbrooks
Hi there, I have to see the PIP assessor on Thursday, I am diagnosed with asperger syndrome, diabetes, cervical spondolsys and I have 9 hours a week of support by direct payment, my anxiety levels are high and I am not sure if I will get the PIP. Any advice please?

Also do the assessors give a copy of their report at the consultation?

thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156625 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment this week

43djbrooks wrote: Hi there, I have to see the PIP assessor on Thursday, I am diagnosed with asperger syndrome, diabetes, cervical spondolsys and I have 9 hours a week of support by direct payment, my anxiety levels are high and I am not sure if I will get the PIP. Any advice please?

Also do the assessors give a copy of their report at the consultation?

thx

It's not you conditions that determine whether you are eligible for a PIP award or not, but rather the affect they have on your daily activities.

I would have a read of our PIP Claim guide to see whether you meet the criteria for an award or not.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156701 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment this week
You will be able to request a copy of the assessment once it has been sent to DWP but the assessor will not be able to give one to you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #156780 by 43djbrooks
Replied by 43djbrooks on topic PIP assessment this week
one other question can I take my support worker in with me?

More
8 years 1 week ago #156785 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment this week

43djbrooks wrote: one other question can I take my support worker in with me?

Yes

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: 43djbrooks

More
8 years 1 week ago #156798 by 43djbrooks
Replied by 43djbrooks on topic PIP assessment this week
thanks for the advice, if anyone who has been through this with asperger syndrome I welcome replies.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.