× Members

ESA and early retirement pension

More
8 years 1 week ago #157148 by william88
Replied by william88 on topic ESA and early retirement pension
Gordon Very helpful link .Many thanks for your reliable digging !
m

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157150 by whitehorse
Replied by whitehorse on topic ESA and early retirement pension
Thank you for that Gordon.
As far as having confirmation goes, it was so long ago I really can't remember. I just know that we have never hidden the fact that my husband has a pension and we have always stated it on any forms asking for it. The office dealing with our claim seems to cover a large area and you would think they would have come across this situation before but the person I spoke to said they had discussed the ruling this morning and came to the conclusion that it meant a claimant must have been in receipt of his pension before receiving IB!!!!????
We've been asked to send proof of the date my husband started to receive his pension. We've requested this from his pension provider so will send it in due course. They said on receipt of this they would look at his claim again. We can only hope there will be someone there who knows what they're doing not to mention their job. I will keep you posted.
Again many, many thanks.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157162 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and early retirement pension
whitehorse

If they maintain their position then you should ask for a specific reference to the legislation that they have used to make their Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: whitehorse, dribble

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.