× Members

ESA Success

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156695 by Jay_P
ESA Success was created by Jay_P
After my f2f just under two weeks ago brown envelope dropped through my door today.Delayed the opening but when I did delighted to see that I have been placed back into the support group ( been in support group for the last two years).. . decision took under two weeks from f2f but if the date on my decision letter is anything to go by decision was made within a week

Anyway apologies for starting a new thread but thought it was merited with it being another success which wouldn,t have been possible without the help of your guides and the help and advice of everyone on here,Bro,Gordon etc. . . Sorry if I missed anyone out

Not finished yet :laugh:

What documentation is it I should request on how they came to their decision and should I call them to find out when my review date is?

Thanks again guys/ gals....you provide a great service and are a great help,certainly in my case anyway

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156699 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Success
That's great news Jay! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

You can phone DWP and ask them 1) to tell you what the 'prognosis' is (this will tell you when to expect to be reassessed) and 2) to send you a copy of the ESA85. Or you can submit a Subject Access Request for all the documentation associated with this claim.

Requesting a Subject Access Request (SAR) :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156706 by Nickjb
Replied by Nickjb on topic ESA Success
Hi Jay - I am new on here as was in ESA support group for 3 years then after re assessment told I am fit for work - asked for Mandatory reconsideration - they said no so about to embark upon an appeal.....am dreading it in someways but know I must as know they did not assess my disabilities accurately or fairly but its a daunting task - so good to hear good news that inspires me to fight!

More
8 years 1 week ago #156722 by Jay_P
Replied by Jay_P on topic ESA Success
Thanks MrsH and Nick

I feel kinda guilty posting on my good fortune if that's the right phrase when I read about your situation Nick and others...I,ll have another fight when my time comes to move from DLA to PIP

Keep up the fight and good luck with the appeal

More
8 years 1 week ago #156732 by Jay_P
Replied by Jay_P on topic ESA Success
Another question

I,m in receipt of a works medical pension,does that or should that affect my payment for being in the support group CB...now I,m sure but may well be wrong that because I transferred over from IB( non taxable)to ESA( taxable benefit)that any other income would not affect ESA payment :unsure:

More
8 years 1 week ago #156751 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Success

Jay_P wrote: Another question

I,m in receipt of a works medical pension,does that or should that affect my payment for being in the support group CB...now I,m sure but may well be wrong that because I transferred over from IB( non taxable)to ESA( taxable benefit)that any other income would not affect ESA payment :unsure:

Unless you were in receipt of the pension when you were receiving IB and at that time it was disregarded by the DWP, then your pension will not be disregarded under ESA.

If you have not notified the DWP of this pension then you need to do so as a matter of urgency.

There is an £85/week disregard for pension income, so it may be that your pension will not reduce your ESA, but even if this is the case, it does not excuse you of telling the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.