× Members

That brown envelope dropped

• ste1e
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156730 by ste1e
That brown envelope dropped was created by ste1e
On Friday that brown envelope dropped on my floor, my heart sank but it was good news (in a way). I was on higher rate care and lower rate mobility under DLA, now under PIP I am on standard rate care but higher rate mobility for 2yrs and 10 months go figure. Don't think my condition is going to get any better anytime soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156749 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic That brown envelope dropped

ste1e wrote: On Friday that brown envelope dropped on my floor, my heart sank but it was good news (in a way). I was on higher rate care and lower rate mobility under DLA, now under PIP I am on standard rate care but higher rate mobility for 2yrs and 10 months go figure. Don't think my condition is going to get any better anytime soon.

Congratulations on the award.

DLA HRC was awarded because the claimant had care needs both day and night, PIP looks at the severity and breadth of your problems, so there are going to be a fair number of claimants who will struggle to keep the higher award on transfer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #156767 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic That brown envelope dropped
Congratulations on the award Ste. The enhanced rate for mobility is very difficult to get!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.