× Members

PIP tribunal abandoned for me to get legal advice

• tishtosh
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156739 by tishtosh
Have full mobility made up of 10 and 4. Standard care. Thought should be high care. Appealed. Tribunal set magistrates court peterborough. Parked right outside steps. Asked man where disabled entrance was. Walked to it with my wheels, rang bell, waited 5 minx for guard. Enabled me to get breath back, took pill and inhaler. Up in lift, through security, then to tribunal room. Sat, inhaler again. Went in. Man I asked the way was gp on panel. Got told had walked 20 m he watched me, then 50 inside, if carried on could lose mobility.could stop or abandon for legal advice. Blackmail. Not see me with tab and inhalers at door, not see me wait 5 mins, get some breath back. Have severe COPD and osteoarthritis. 2 + 2 =6. Abandoned but seem unable to get legal help. CAB, local solicitors, legal rights service, disability service. Date 6 may new tribunal. If cancel, I effectively telling them I lied about mobility, I didn't. Can't walk 3 metres some days. Leaves me open for cancellation at renewal. Life sucks. Gp will write letter, was horrified. Where do I get help please? Thanks so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156757 by Gordon
tishtosh

This is a very difficult situation and it is a Decision that only you can make, you need to take the warning seriously.

I really would recommend that you get face to face advice as you need someone who can look at your appeal papers which we cannot do on the forum. Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

For what it's worth I believe that the panel member exceeded their authority in commenting about your walking at the Tribunal venue, although it was likely to your advantage that they did raise the issue as otherwise they would have brought this information into the hearing.

It is not the responsibility of a panel member to source their own evidence (e.g. watching you walk), in fact there are rules that prohibit this, however, what has happened cannot now be undone.

One thing to ask the Tribunal Service is whether the new hearing will be in front of the same panel.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

• tishtosh
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156933 by tishtosh
Thanks for the info. I have decided, after talking to DIAL that it is in my best interest to cancel the appeal. I am not happy but tell additional stress was just making me very ill. I do feel I have been turned over but que sera.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.