× Members

ESA F2F done

More
8 years 3 months ago #147196 by jackdog21
ESA F2F done was created by jackdog21
Hi All,

I've been on SDA and DLA for the last 25 years, I am now going through the process of changing to ESA and PIP, this is my first assessments I've had since going on them.

Reading through some of the questions and information, I am worried that I wont now qualify for ESA as I've been on SDA I wont have paid NIC's is that correct? and as my husband works more than 24 hours I wont qualify for either?

Can someone possibly clarify for me how the NIC's works while on SDA, as if I wouldn't be entitled to any of them then I wouldn't put myself through the assessment as its causing me alot of stress worrying about it.

Would be much appreiated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147208 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA F2F done

jackdog wrote: Hi All,

I've been on SDA and DLA for the last 25 years, I am now going through the process of changing to ESA and PIP, this is my first assessments I've had since going on them.

Reading through some of the questions and information, I am worried that I wont now qualify for ESA as I've been on SDA I wont have paid NIC's is that correct? and as my husband works more than 24 hours I wont qualify for either?

Can someone possibly clarify for me how the NIC's works while on SDA, as if I wouldn't be entitled to any of them then I wouldn't put myself through the assessment as its causing me alot of stress worrying about it.

Would be much appreiated

As you are being transferred from SDA to ESA rather than applying from scratch, you will not have to re-meet the Contribution Conditions and will, if successful, be transferred to Contribution Based ESA.

Please make sure that you use our ESA and PIP Claim guides to help you complete the forms.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jellybean

More
8 years 1 week ago #156836 by jackdog21
Replied by jackdog21 on topic ESA F2F done
Hi there

I am currently on SDA and higher mobility and middle care DLA indefinitely, after using your great guides I just had my F2F last week for the ESA and awaiting results from it.

I have not heard anything from them about claiming PIP yet, so my question is are they likely to contact me now about my DLA? and if so will they use the same F2F assessment used for the ESA or will I get called for another F2F for the PIP?

I was really hoping to get it all dealt with at the same time.

Thanks in advance :)

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156837 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA F2F done
Hi jd,

I have merged your query with your previous posts relating to your SDA to ESA switch. However, I am aware that you could easily argue that this post related to PIP which is why you gave it its own topic! :)

I'm glad that your ESA assessment is over and done with. All you can do now is wait - which can be the hardest thing!

If you were below 65 years of age in April 2013 then you will be contacted and 'invited' to claim PIP at some stage. The criteria for this are different from both DLA and ESA and the ESA assessment will not be used for PIP.

The PIP guide is here if you want to see what to expect

PIP help for claimants

If you have further questions or comments regarding your ESA, please reply to this message (if you wish to discuss PIP you should start another topic).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.