× Members

PIP1 form for those who cannot do the phone call.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156899 by FriendlyFish
I was unable to make it through the phone call. So I was told to email for a PIP1 form, which arrived today (two weeks later). The PIP1 form is instead of the phone call. [It is the first stage form. It is not the PIP2 “How your disability affects you” form.] I have some questions about the PIP1 form that I can't seem to find answers to, so I thought all you very knowledgeable people might be able to help.

1. Along with the PIP1 form I was sent information about supplying evidence to support my claim (it looks like the same information that would be sent with the PIP2 "How your disability affects you" form) - so would it help things if I sent in supporting evidence at this point? Should I include supporting evidence with the PIP1 form - or should I wait for the PIP2 form?

2. In their covering letter the state "Once you have sent us the claim form we MAY send you another form which will ask for more details about your health condition..." This statement implies that I might not even get a PIP2 form - has this ever happened to anyone who has completed the phone call? or to anyone who has filled in a PIP1 form instead of the phone call?

3. Most of the questions are standard - who are you, where do you live, your bank details, your nationality… But then there is a question about the health care and social care professionals that support me (looks like the same question as the one in the PIP2 form). So when I return the PIP1 form, should I send in the reports that my GP and others have written? Or should I wait for the PIP2 form?

4. Near the end is a question that states "We understand some people find it difficult to return forms because of mental health conditions, behavioural condition, learning difficulty, developmental disorder or memory problems… do you have one of these conditions... Do you see someone about your condition"
Does the telephone call ask this question too? Does this question imply if I can give them supporting evidence at this point then they will not need to send me the PIP2 form? Has this ever happened to those who are affected by these conditions?

5. The final question is about previous DLA and ESA claims as well as ‘old’ supporting evidence. They ask "Is there any medical evidence from your DLA (or ESA) claim that you think might help us understand how your disability affects you?" They then go on to say “if requested we can get your DLA / ESA file and make sure this medical evidence is used".
Does the telephone call ask this question too? Can letting them use past claim reports help with this claim? Will they still send out a PIP2 form?

Basically, how much time would it be worth spending on the PIP1 form? Could I avoid prolonging this agony in a good way if I supply evidence now instead of waiting for the PIP2 form to arrive?

Thanks for listening.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156909 by slugsta
Hi FF and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I will try to answer your questions in order -

1) No, there is nothing to gain by sending in supporting information with the PIP1

2) I have not heard of anyone who has not been asked to complete the PIP2

3) See 1) above

4) Yes, the telephone call asks this question too. Anyone who answers 'yes' will automatically be offered extra time to complete the form (usually 2 weeks). Anyone is allowed to ask for this and it is usually allowed.

5) If you think your ESA/DLA paperwork would be relevant and helpful you can ask for it to be used. this would not take the place of the PIP2 form.

You seem to be pinning your hopes on combining the requirements if the PIP1 and 2 forms. I would not expect that to speed up the process in any way, just make more work for you. The telephone call would take only a few minutes and you should not spend much more than that on the form.

A far better use of your time would be to try and become familiar with our PIP guide so that you are better prepared when the PIP2 form does arrive.

PIP help for claimants

You might like to bookmark or favourite this topic on your web browser so that you can find it easily in future. Then you can ask all further questions here instead of needing to start new topics. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place and I hope it will help you too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.