× Members

rate changed so now i lose my car

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156927 by shell
rate changed so now i lose my car was created by shell
My husband had his PIP assessment and his mobility has changed from enhanced to standard with 10 points instead of the required 12 we have ask them to look at the decision again but we will lose the car which is our only means of transport. In his assessment h e was ask to push her hands and pull and from this visit they have determined that he can manage with his hands even though he cannot walk without his crutches and he needs further surgery on his spine because of another ruptured disc he has had surgery previously to remove 3 discs that had ruptured he has a fused ankle with no movement and the health assessor ask him to move his ankle, She also ask him to bend and touch his toes which he cannot do, he has severe balance problems and with the new ruptured disc the pain goes from his spine to his hip he falls over, I cannot understand how this assessment has gone from the enhanced to the STANDARD i feel physically sick with worry when we contacted the dwp we was told that a reconsideration would be done because at the assessment my husband had not had his Mri scan now we have the results we hopefully get the previous decision overturned she also said that he may need to be reassessed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156946 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic rate changed so now i lose my car
Hello Shell

So sorry you're having all this worry - and the thing is, until you have the reconsideration anf know where you're at, there's not a lot anyone can do.

Other members of the forum have said that they have managed to arrange to keep their cars - with help from Motability,- so maybe that is some consolation to you.I think we all appreciate how vital it is to keep our various methods of transport, otherwise we are housebound - not a pleasant thought. I hope it doesn't come to that, however and the reconsideration finds in your favour. The fact that you were told that a reconsideration would be done after the result of your husband's scan might give you a little bit of hope.

Please let us know how you get on; so sorry there is nothing we can do to help just now.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156948 by shell
Replied by shell on topic rate changed so now i lose my car
Thanks for the quick response in replying, does the reconsideration I ask for over the phone just happen or do I have to ask in writing, many thanks

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156967 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic rate changed so now i lose my car

shell wrote: Thanks for the quick response in replying, does the reconsideration I ask for over the phone just happen or do I have to ask in writing, many thanks

Asking for an MR over the phone should not be an issue but we do regularly hear from members who have done this and found that the request has been lost so we always recommend that members make the request in writing.

I have to warn you, if you provide no additional evidence or explanation of why you meet the criteria, it's very unlikely that an MR will result in a revised award, if you are trying to get the MR out of the way so that you can go onto appeal then this is a good strategy, but if this is not your intention then you should give some thought as to how you can increase your chances of an increased award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.