× Members

Questions about changes since last ESA Assessment

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156930 by stingersplash
Hi all,

I have been in receipt of ESA (WRAG) since 2010 and have been awarded twice since then (2012 and 2013) and had DLA from 2010-14 until PIP started and i was awarded 4 years until late 2018.

However i know changes have happened in ESA and its now Maximus not Atos.

I had my assessment this week and as always, i worry about it until i get the letter which has always been good news but should I be worried now things have changed?

I suffer with mental health problems and due to anxiety, depression, agoraphobia and social phobia im stuck inside basically 24/7. Although I'm getting help from support workers etc its a slow process to get better.

As ive previously gotten 21 points on my other F2F i expect to get it again but worried that they could see one thing different and i don't hit 15.

If something happened to my ESA would my PIP be affected?

Sorry if this is all over the place, ive never posted online about anything like this before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156954 by Gordon
stingersplash

There have been no changes to the ESA Descriptors and Regulations since early 2013 although the DWP guidance for several areas has been updated, so if you used the latest ESA guides you will have had the latest information available.

Even if you were found Fit for Work, it should have no impact on your current PIP award, the criteria are considered to be sufficiently different that a failure on one benefit would not cause a reassessment of the other.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.