× Members

SMOKING and ESA, DLA and PIP

More
8 years 1 week ago #157009 by stripey1877
SMOKING and ESA, DLA and PIP was created by stripey1877
I am currently awaiting an appointment for my reassessment of ESA. I have completed ESA50 and gave all the info and packed it into paltry white envelope they send for you to return your documents and form in. I declared I smoke and have a mobility car. As a couple of my conditions include breathlessness for which I have an asthmatic spray and capsules ,and a brain injury with back pain. and a wheelchair which I am almost confined to albeit I can weight bear.

Will these factors, the smoking go against me in the reassessment of ESA and will driving go against me in my transfer from DLA to PIP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #157032 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic SMOKING and ESA, DLA and PIP
As far as I am aware, the fact that you are a smoker will not be held against you for ESA, DLA or PIP.

When it comes to PIP, it will depend what else you say. If you claim that you cannot learn new tasks, due to cognitive or mental health issues, the fact that you drive could go against you, for instance.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.