× Members

IIDB and ESA

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #157029 by shaunw
IIDB and ESA was created by shaunw
I'm supporting a man who receives Industrial Injury Disability Benefit (IIDB) topped up with ESA. He initially had Contribution based ESA for a year in 2013 and was then granted IIDB.

I have yet to see the paperwork but he tells me he receives about £80 a week.

He receives Higher Rate Mobility Component of DLA. As I think this usually means individuals are then eligible for the Severe Disability Premium part of ESA - does anyone know if he should get this additional money?

If it is not allowed as part of an IIDB award, is there anyway he could change over to a 'straight' ESA award?

Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #157033 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic IIDB and ESA
Hi Vm and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid your friend/client can only get the ESA premiums if he is in receipt of income related ESA. If he is on Contributory ESA with a low enough income/assets he might be eligible for an income-related 'top up', in which case premiums would be payable if al other criteria are satisfied.

ESA Premiums

If I have misunderstood the situation, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark or favourite it on your web browser now.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shaunw

More
7 years 9 months ago #163796 by shaunw
Replied by shaunw on topic IIDB and ESA
Further to my original message below, my client in receipt of Industrial Injury Disability Benefit (IIDB) has received an inheritance (I am unsure of exact amount but it is over £20,000).

He is waiting to receive face to face advice, but I wondered if you can signpost me to any information on what impact this might have on his receipt of IIDB?

Many thanks

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163798 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic IIDB and ESA
According to 'turn2us' IIDB is non means tested

www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Indust...-Disablement-Benefit

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shaunw

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.