× Members

Home Assessments!

More
8 years 1 week ago #157070 by Nickjb
Home Assessments! was created by Nickjb
Hi
I read on a post earlier that an assessor turned up an hour early for home assessment. I wasn't allowed to comment on the post as the post had been disabled ?? so apologies for a new thread but are they allowed to do this?
I would have thought that if the appointment was 11am and they turned up at 10am you have every right to say no come back at 11am?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157072 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Home Assessments!
Hello Nick

It has happened several times; I think (my personal view) is that they are trying to catch you out by turning up too early, so at least if you know it might happen you are prepared.

As to whether you can ask them to come back later (!!), I suppose that's up to you. There is always the risk that they will say you have refused the assessment, and therefore you could risk losing you hoped-for award.

I don't know whether it is sensible to confront them; better to be prepared and not show that you're concerned. It's yet another unfair weapon they have; nothing we can do about it.

Good luck for the interview; don't let them get you down. :angry:

More
8 years 1 week ago #157093 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Home Assessments!
Hi Nick,

I don't know what you mean by saying that the original had been 'disabled'? It is here if you wish to read or comment.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=108988

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.