× Members

PIP ASSEMENT AND APPEAL

More
8 years 1 week ago #157094 by Keith Day
PIP ASSEMENT AND APPEAL was created by Keith Day
My daughter who is autistic and has fibromalger has just come through both her assessment and re assessment with being awarded o points for every think we are now going to appeal any advice will be helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157099 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP ASSEMENT AND APPEAL
Hi K and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am sorry that you are going through this :(

Your first step in challenging this is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, you have one month from the date of the decision letter in which to get this to DWP.

It will be helpful to request a copy of the assessor's report - but don't delay getting the MR request in if this has not yet arrived.

I suggest you have a good look at our PIP guide to ascertain where and why you think you should have scored points. The guide will also talk you through the MR process.

PIP help for claimants

This guide does not contain a sample MR request letter but you will find one in the ESA MR resources.

ESA mandatory reconsiderations and appeals

AS the claim was refused, I'm afraid your daughter will not be paid anything until/unless this decision is overturned.

You might want to bookmark or favourite this topic on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That way you will be able to return and ask further questions rather than having to start a new topic each time.It helps us enormously if everything relating to one claim is kept in the same place - and I hope you will find it helpful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.