× Members

On DLA applying for PIP

More
8 years 6 days ago #157098 by Jennifer Gray
On DLA applying for PIP was created by Jennifer Gray
I am currently on DLA but have had to make the call to start the pip claim after a letter from dwp. If Iam successful in my application does that mean my Esa claim will be transferred over to universal credit. Am so confused by all of this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 days ago #157100 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic On DLA applying for PIP
Ho Jenny and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

EAS and PIP claims are different benefits with different qualifying criteria. Nothing will happen to your ESA award as a result of being awarded PIP.

Contributory ESA will remain, claimants will not be transferred to UC. People on income related ESA will be moved eventually - but that is a long way in the future at the moment.

If you bookmark or favourite this on your web browser now you will find it easily in future. That way you will be able to return and ask further questions rather than having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it helpful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jennifer Gray

More
8 years 6 days ago #157110 by Jennifer Gray
Replied by Jennifer Gray on topic On DLA applying for PIP
Thank you that was helpful. I got my Pip form to fill in today and I have to return it by the 15th May is it normal that they don't give you that long to return it.

More
8 years 6 days ago #157123 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic On DLA applying for PIP

Jenny wrote: Thank you that was helpful. I got my Pip form to fill in today and I have to return it by the 15th May is it normal that they don't give you that long to return it.

You should have been given four weeks to complete the PIP2, however, this includes postage time for you to receive the form and for you to return it.

You can contact the DWP for a two week extension if you are struggling to complete it before the return date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #157826 by Jennifer Gray
Replied by Jennifer Gray on topic On DLA applying for PIP
Unfortunately whilst filling out my form I suffered a massive nose bleed. I phoned dwp to request a new pip form they said to allow 7-10 working days and that the clock would be reset . Although I may receive reminder letters which are automatic. Should I put in writing tmentioning the phone call I made and that they have agreed to a new form with the clock reset.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157828 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic On DLA applying for PIP

Jenny wrote: Unfortunately whilst filling out my form I suffered a massive nose bleed. I phoned dwp to request a new pip form they said to allow 7-10 working days and that the clock would be reset . Although I may receive reminder letters which are automatic. Should I put in writing tmentioning the phone call I made and that they have agreed to a new form with the clock reset.

It can't hurt to confirm the conversation in writing.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.