× Members

Panic

• Pinky Farrell
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #157173 by Pinky Farrell
Panic was created by Pinky Farrell
My form is here to change from DLA to PIPS. I want to die, they will take everything off me and the form just makes me want to go away. I have no CPN and care team in Wales as there system is different and I can't stop the rising panic which is stopping me from thinking. Please somebody tell me what to do? Please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157183 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Panic
Hello Pinky

Please stop getting so worried - you don't know you're not going to get the award you need until someone sends you a letter to say so!!

Before you go any further, stop and think about the care you need and the care you receive, or have received in the past. PIP is all about how your illness affects your day to day life. Think about what you can and can't manage on your own, what you need help with and write it all down; if you look through the guides to claiming PIP on this site, you will see you are shown clearly how to explain the difficulties you face.

Read through every descriptor and write down how you feel you 'fit' into it. Keep a diary for a few days, if you think this will help; it should show you things you perhaps don't realise ARE causing you problems.

You haven't mentioned what your health issues are; you must have some medical background, some reports/letters relating to your illness. Go and see your GP and discuss with him/her what support you can get from them in your application. You have the right to see your medical records and have copies made (though you might have to pay for them) You can send up to date information along with your application form to support your claim. (Don't send appointment letters etc, they are no help)

When you have gathered all this together, then start filling in the form. Follow the guides carefully and you will have the best possible chance of receiving the award you need.

There's not much more to say just now; try and do what is suggested; if you have family nearby ask them to help you, or a good friend. If you get stuck at all write back to us and we will try and help with the nuts and bolts of the application - we all know how hard it is to manage when you're worried.

If you bookmark the page then we will know you have been to talk to us before and won't have to spend ages trying to find your previous mail. :)

More
8 years 1 week ago #157187 by neptuno
Replied by neptuno on topic Panic
You are panicking because you feel out of control.......Shelams advice will put you back in control. Tackle the form one question at a time, and keep an eye on the return date.

You can take one step at a time, this way you won't feel overwhelmed. Everyone here has struggled with these forms, and the excellent guidance here will give you confidence to do it !

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.