× Members

ESA form- too late??

More
8 years 4 days ago #157209 by CAT_FANATIC
ESA form- too late?? was created by CAT_FANATIC
After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing and letters etc., my appointment for an examination for my ESA was cancelled and I was sent an ESA50. This was May last year.
I didn't fill it in and a month passed, then another, then another...

I am bi-polar (not the sole reason I am not working) and I fell into a really bad depression over the summer. I was starting to shake it off by November then the mania started to appear and I got hallucinations, etc. (Hearing things is really scary).
With the help of more meds this passed and I felt ok for a couple of weeks....Then events took over, bad stuff in the family etc. so anyway, the form got forgotten/ignored as I just couldn't face it.

What would you do?
Fill it in now and send it off?
Wait till they chase me again? -I live in fear of the postman. :dry:

Meanwhile, the mental health service here in north Essex has had an overhaul. In short, I no longer get a half hour appointment 4 times a year. No one does. No scheduled appt's at all. You have to 'ring the emergency 24 hr helpline' if you have a 'crisis'. If you want to see someone you get your GP to refer you back again- which I have asked for this month. Haven't heard anything so far. Was told it can be 8 weeks to see someone.

You no longer see the consultant. You see one of the 'team', who could be qualified or not, or a counsellor rather than a psych-doc. I'm only sharing this bit as it means I have less 'evidence' to send. I no longer have a consultant I can get a letter from, because I was signed off, like everyone else, when the system changed. My GP is new and seems to barely know I have any history of anything. Bi-polar was news to him. I had to see a locum to get a referral.

In my experience, when you see a mental health 'team member' they haven't read your file at all. You start from page one each time, and never see the same person twice :S This all means there is no doc monitoring my condition or keeping any record of how I'm coping, or not.

Anyway- this is my situation and it's keeping me awake and has got me on even more meds than usual(!!)- I'm wondering if I should put the form to one side, but try to get some evidence of how the bi-polar, together with other things, affects my ability to work, while I'm waiting for the inevitable :o

What would you do?

Any opinions would be helpful x

Thanks x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 days ago #157272 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA form- too late??
Acorn

The first question has to be, are you still receiving your ESA payments?

If you are then then the next thing you need to ascertain is whether you are still being reassessed, you can do this by contacting Maximus.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

If you are not receiving ESA any more then this is likely to be because you did not return the ESA50, when was it stopped and have you taken any action about it?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CAT_FANATIC

More
7 years 11 months ago #158452 by CAT_FANATIC
Replied by CAT_FANATIC on topic ESA form- too late??
Hi Gordon,
Firstly, sorry for the delay in replying, I've been in hospital again :(
Yes, I'm still receiving ESA. But a bit scared that if I ask Maximus whether I am still being reassessed it will 'remind' them of me. I guess it might be better if I know one way or the other but my stomach is turning 13 times to the dozen at the thought of pushing me back up to the top of the pile...

Acorn

More
7 years 11 months ago #158468 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA form- too late??

Acorn Antiques wrote: Hi Gordon,
Firstly, sorry for the delay in replying, I've been in hospital again :(
Yes, I'm still receiving ESA. But a bit scared that if I ask Maximus whether I am still being reassessed it will 'remind' them of me. I guess it might be better if I know one way or the other but my stomach is turning 13 times to the dozen at the thought of pushing me back up to the top of the pile...

Acorn

If they are assessing you then they won't forget you, these things are on their computers so they are not going to go away and if they are not assessing you then they are not involved in any way in deciding to start an assessment.

:).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.