× Members

Esa

More
8 years 1 week ago #157212 by Zooman
Esa was created by Zooman
Just thought I make a quick post.

I choose to finish work in Jan last year after 6 months off work. (I'm very lucky I can walk back into my job at will)

Anyway my savings dwindled as you can imagine. So in October I claimed ESA, I got a few letters etc which I filed under later, jump to February I got a call to my mobile, from a lovely lady from DWP asking if she could make a home visit, I explained I don't get of bed some days and live on my own and give her my eldest daughters number and asked her to arrange it with her, because I would hate her come and me to be asleep.

Anyway she asked to see my meds, sicknotes (I didn't have one as I had never asked for one) and asked what I had done with a questioner they had sent. I said it over here and explained that I never made an attempt to fill it in.

She asked if I could get a sick note, no problem, doctors backdated one to April 15 and until July 16.

She suggested I apply for pip, which she processed for me.

No idea what her role is within the dwp but she was lovely, she explained that I needed to have an assessment for esa and that she would ensure that was done at my home. Told me not to worry about the questioner.

Anyway never heard anything since about pip or esa, esa gets paid very 2 weeks now and was backdated.

Ă€nyway my daughter keeps bugging me to chase this home medical as she thinks that I should get more money and that it is backdated to 90 after the claim date. She is also pushing me to chase this pip.

Is she right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157275 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa
Zooman

Did you actually receive an ESA50?

If you did and did not return it then you have been lucky as this normally result in your claim being closed.

If you did not then it may help your claim if you complete one and send it to Maximus. You can download a copy and complete it on your computer or print it off and complete it by hand. See

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

See our ESA Claim guides for help with completing the form.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You should contact Maximus for an update on an assessment.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #157323 by Zooman
Replied by Zooman on topic Esa
yes the form is still on the sideboard, plus I have the mobile number of the lady who came to visit me, in fact someone came around today to sign a load of forms today with regard to pip with my eldest, it may of been the same lady, it was early and I was a asleep. The lady told me that there was no need for the form, although I will follow your advice and fill it in.

It may have something to do with the fact I am not well (I mean not in the sense I am lucky to be alive) and I also never chased them for any money, my first payment was in February after the lady visited. I am just approximating as I have no idea why the claim was not closed.

They may also of been in touch with my doctors, I have no idea and never asked.

Although this may be the case, because I got a cc of a letter but it was addressed to me, not in the old fashioned style of typing cc and then indicting that this is the cc.

My daughters on one because she thinks they don't have anyone to do a home visit in the Lake-district and that it keeps getting pushed back.

I know that this seems to be against what is the general, but I thought the lady who visited was nice polite and understanding.

Anyway thank you for the link I will use that over the forms as they will scan easier (I have dealing with the civil service for the last 40 years via work and never trust their internal mail), I've just printed that and will fill it out, scan it and send it to Maxis and also a copy to the lady who visited.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.