× Members

How do we record assesments? panic, please help

More
8 years 1 week ago #157217 by Mark McNulty
:dry:
We've jut been notified of our assessment date (gutted, because I put in so many medical records, feel like I've messed it up already.) Because Mark (this is his carer typing) has very poor memory, and I struggle sometimes, and because of scare stories, I really want to be able to record the meeting. They say this can only be done if you give them a copy, on CD or cassette tape at the end and laptops, phones, mp3 players are not accepted as recording devices.
I have an mp3 recorder (somewhere.) Would I be allowed to use that and my laptop to burn the CD? Or is this just a way of saying 'legally we have to give you the option, but in practical terms, we'll make it almost impossible?
On a related note, how do you burn mp3's onto CD's via a laptop? :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157226 by shelam
Hello Mark

First of all, your full name is showing on this mail; if you want to change it some 'nickname' or other, look under 'Frequently Asked Questions' and it will explain how you go about it.

As for your question, well, since the rules say you can't use a MP3 player, there' s no point in figuring out how to burn a cd from one!!

I think the only way to do it is to use two separate tape recorders (not sure if there' s anything else that would work) It is definitely designed to make life difficult!

If you find you can't manage this, then all you can do is wait until the assessment is completed and then ask for a copy - that way you can check what is recorded against what you know to be the actual facts of the case, and request a mandatory recon if you find things aren't accurate.

Sorry not to be more helpful. Good luck with the assessment. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.