× Members

ESA50 renewal

More
8 years 1 week ago #157378 by LadyLuna
ESA50 renewal was created by LadyLuna
Hi,
Not been on for quite a while. The last time I filled in an ESA50 was in October 2014. At that time I did not get called for a face to face assessment, the main reason being I have terrible trouble with my foot and do not know if I can walk from one day to the next.

Anyhow, I notice the form is an ESA50 04/15 - I gather it has changed?

Nothing much has changed with my health since the last review, however I have had some nasty glitches with my health. I was extremely anemic in October and it was touch and go as to whether I had to go to hospital for a blood transfusion.

Just as I was getting over that, my mother died at the end of January after a short illness. I was her carer for over a decade and although I had had to stop this due to my health, it has been a shock and very, very distressing for me. My brother has gone completely off the rails and has caused me no end of grief. I am very depressed and doctor wanted me to go on anti-depressants. I declined and will go to councilling, but I don't really know why I am here and what my purpose is anymore. I have no children and wont be able to have any.

My health has declined again. Blood test results came back last week and it shows my thyroid readings are way above range, (I have Hashimoto's Disease which is an autoimmune thyroid disease), my Folates are low and I am still anemic. I finally have a physio appointment about my foot but who knows if it will actually help.

I have downloaded the ESA help guide but wondered how I explain how I feel about losing my mother and everything else? Any advice would be gratfully received as I am not really coping at the moment.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157388 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA50 renewal
Hello Ladyluna

I'm so very sorry about your Mum, and all your other worries and troubles. You really could do without the extra worry of the ESA50.

All I can suggest is that you fill in the form with the aid of the guides, being careful to answer each question fully (not just ticking boxes) and then at the end of the form there is a page specifically for any 'stuff' that doesn't fit neatly in with the questions you are asked.

Use that page to explain what has happened in your family; ask any friends/relatives who know what you are going through to also write a note to confirm what you say. Ask your doctor if he is willing to support your comments. And send along all of this extra evidence with your completed form.

There really isn't much else you can do. Make sure your keep a copy of your replies so you remember what you wrote(!) and than all that you can do is wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyLuna

More
8 years 1 week ago #157420 by LadyLuna
Replied by LadyLuna on topic ESA50 renewal
Thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention I am in the Support group. Will fill in and send off asap and get back to you with any news.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.