× Members

Benefits And Workplace Pension

More
8 years 1 week ago #157396 by freefee
Benefits And Workplace Pension was created by freefee
hi, I am currently in the contribution based support group of E.S.A and receive DLA mobility component at the lower rate and care component at middle rate, in august 2014 when I turned 50 I started to receive my company pension, I informed the DWP and was told this would not affect my benefits, which it hasn't. last may I think it was they wrote to me to ask me what my new pension would be for the tax year, I didn't know so I gave them the pension providers details so they could contact them directly, this year they have not contacted me regarding my pension increase which is a whopping £31.44 a year, well less than £1 a week, again this will not affect my benefits, my question is should I contact the DWP to let them know or just presume they will get the information from my pension provider again? I also received a letter regarding my DLA in march stating how much my payments will be from 11/4/16 the payment has remained the same as last year, I presume this is the same for everyone, thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157410 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Benefits And Workplace Pension
freefee

They may not have contacted you about your pension because the value is so low, it's also possible that they just haven't got around to it yet.

Although DLA has not been frozen, as the CPI was negative for the last year, rates are the same as last year.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #157412 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic Benefits And Workplace Pension
so should I just wait for them to contact me or contact them? when I initially did it, they didn't seem concerned about me providing details and even told me not to bother as it wouldn't affect anything, but I insisted on the grounds that I didn't want to be accused further down the line of not reporting a change of circumstances

More
8 years 1 week ago #157415 by Gordon

freefee wrote: so should I just wait for them to contact me or contact them? when I initially did it, they didn't seem concerned about me providing details and even told me not to bother as it wouldn't affect anything, but I insisted on the grounds that I didn't want to be accused further down the line of not reporting a change of circumstances

My brother gets asked about this every year but hasn't been contacted yet, P60s don't have to be issued until the end of May so I wouldn't worry about it at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

More
8 years 1 week ago #157418 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic Benefits And Workplace Pension
while I am here I may as well ask about my re-assessment forms I sent to ATOS in December 2013 I think it was, I have heard nothing since I sent the forms back, this seems an awfully long time, is this common? or is it something I should be concerned about? my benefits have been paid normally in the time that has passed

More
8 years 1 week ago #157439 by Gordon

freefee wrote: while I am here I may as well ask about my re-assessment forms I sent to ATOS in December 2013 I think it was, I have heard nothing since I sent the forms back, this seems an awfully long time, is this common? or is it something I should be concerned about? my benefits have been paid normally in the time that has passed

A assume your for is for ESA? If it is then it is no longer ATOS, they haven't been involved in ESA since the beginning of last year, the company is now Maximus (aka CHDA, aka HAAS).

You can contact them for an update on your reassessment.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.