× Members

Please help I don't know how this works

More
8 years 1 week ago #157454 by nanniehelga
Please help I don't know how this works was created by nanniehelga
My 27 year old daughter was finished up at work due to bereavement depression and anxiety she was put in the ESA Suopport group and the got PIP . Then she got a letter to go for a medical for ESA and was refused only scoring 9 points . So she's appealed and is awaiting a response .
She has to claim JSA and her anxiety shoots though the roof even though her GP says she's unfit for work Any advice would be helpful
I have written before,and has vent had a response so,not sure it doing it right
Helen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157463 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Please help I don't know how this works

helen wrote: My 27 year old daughter was finished up at work due to bereavement depression and anxiety she was put in the ESA Suopport group and the got PIP . Then she got a letter to go for a medical for ESA and was refused only scoring 9 points . So she's appealed and is awaiting a response .
She has to claim JSA and her anxiety shoots though the roof even though her GP says she's unfit for work Any advice would be helpful
I have written before,and has vent had a response so,not sure it doing it right
Helen

If her GP issues a new Fit Note for not more than 13 weeks, she can present this to her JSA advisor and be excused any Job Search requirements, hopefully by the end of the 13 weeks the DWP will have completed the MR and she'll either have an award or can go onto appeal when she can be moved back onto the ESA Assessment rate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nanniehelga

More
8 years 1 week ago #157466 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic Please help I don't know how this works
In the same boat , person I care for with Schizophrenia had to change onto JSA this week after being on ESA for 3years .

Scored 0 points at f2f last week despite info given in claim form..Totally ridiculous outcome that a person with a mental illness has to actively seek work....or else !

Has she put in a claim for JSA?Has she got new drs note ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.