× Members

Please change your payment account letter

More
8 years 1 week ago #157478 by Shemarie
Hi there,

I have just received one of these- I'm aware another poster did a couple of weeks back.

I am currently waiting to hear about my ESA reassessment. The letter I have received is dated 18 April, just got it now. My last payment went into the PO on 19 April, next one due (hopefully) on 03 May.

My question is, how long is it before they stop paying into the existing account? I'm worried that I won't get another account active before my next payment is due in. They don't give a timescale on the letter.

Are many other people receiving these letters? How long are they giving you to change, etc.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #157493 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Please change your payment account letter

Shemarie wrote: Hi there,

I have just received one of these- I'm aware another poster did a couple of weeks back.

I am currently waiting to hear about my ESA reassessment. The letter I have received is dated 18 April, just got it now. My last payment went into the PO on 19 April, next one due (hopefully) on 03 May.

My question is, how long is it before they stop paying into the existing account? I'm worried that I won't get another account active before my next payment is due in. They don't give a timescale on the letter.

Are many other people receiving these letters? How long are they giving you to change, etc.

Thanks

Our understanding is that it only affects payments through Universal Credit, it should not be an issue for existing benefits as they already have the technology available to make payments to Post Office accounts.

So it won't be an issue until claimants are being migrated across to UC which still has no planned date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157521 by Shemarie
Replied by Shemarie on topic Please change your payment account letter
Thanks Gordon.

Yes, I am in an area where they're rolling out UC, although I haven't heard anything personally.

In that case, I think I'll wait until the ESA reassessment is done.

Their use of words like "must" and "as soon as possible" etc. in communications imply an immediate legal requirement and just add further to stress levels, it's almost like psychological intimidation. I am so sick of these people.

Anyway, thanks again.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157543 by Judy
I'm not on UC but have this letter also.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157558 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Please change your payment account letter

Judy wrote: I'm not on UC but have this letter also.

It's been sent because at some time in the future your current benefits will be transferred to UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.