× Members

PIP mandatory reconsiderations

More
8 years 1 day ago #157484 by stewart
PIP mandatory reconsiderations was created by stewart
I was refused PIP by only scoring 6 out of eight points. I decided to go for the mandatory reconcideration. I called the up and stated my claim and was told it would take 3 to 6 weeks to come throught and if I wanted I could go to appeal. I now find that all the connected agencies, working tax credits, housing benifit etc have all been informed that my award has been cancelled and they have all decided to stop the benifits I have been getting. They knew two weeks after I requested the mandatory reconcideration but I have not yet recieved notification of the decision, which still has anothe week to run.
What course of action can I take as the letter I first recieved informing me that the award had been cancelled is dated 21 march 2016 and I fear that I have been sidelined by all agancies concerned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 day ago #157498 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory reconsiderations

stewart wrote: I was refused PIP by only scoring 6 out of eight points. I decided to go for the mandatory reconcideration. I called the up and stated my claim and was told it would take 3 to 6 weeks to come throught and if I wanted I could go to appeal. I now find that all the connected agencies, working tax credits, housing benifit etc have all been informed that my award has been cancelled and they have all decided to stop the benifits I have been getting. They knew two weeks after I requested the mandatory reconcideration but I have not yet recieved notification of the decision, which still has anothe week to run.
What course of action can I take as the letter I first recieved informing me that the award had been cancelled is dated 21 march 2016 and I fear that I have been sidelined by all agancies concerned.

The agencies are actioning the Decision which only awarded six points, not any updated Decision that may result from the MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 day ago #157517 by stewart
Replied by stewart on topic PIP mandatory reconsiderations
So am I right in thinking that they should not have stopped my other benifits as a final decision has not yet been finalised and I can argue to have them re-instated asap as their decision was taken subjectively. Will I also need to ask for a form sscs1 or will they send one out automaticaly because I have a feeling they will try and screw me over as my advisor thinks the hp has not taken certain things into consideration? I know the query sounds a bit basic but I am struggling to cope with this and help is there but it comes to late to help. Cheers

More
8 years 13 hours ago #157540 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory reconsiderations

stewart wrote: So am I right in thinking that they should not have stopped my other benifits as a final decision has not yet been finalised and I can argue to have them re-instated asap as their decision was taken subjectively. Will I also need to ask for a form sscs1 or will they send one out automaticaly because I have a feeling they will try and screw me over as my advisor thinks the hp has not taken certain things into consideration? I know the query sounds a bit basic but I am struggling to cope with this and help is there but it comes to late to help. Cheers

No, I am afraid that you have misunderstood the MR process, each Decision is applies immediately and stays in force until and if it is revised. Using your phraseology, a "final decision" has been made, you are now attempting to overturn it.

There's a link to the SSCS1 in our PIP Appeal guide, if your MR is unsuccessful then you can use this to request an appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #157597 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP mandatory reconsiderations
You can reclaim Housing Benefit on the grounds of low/no income.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157752 by stewart
Replied by stewart on topic PIP mandatory reconsiderations
My h/b and council tax have been stopped. I have contacted the council and provided all the paperwork that they require as I am self employed. I called last week and again today as they said they would call me back. This paperwork has been in since Nov 2015 and they are still no closer to making a decision. The pip people have said they are still looking at my claim but I can't hold out much longer as something has to give soon. Any advice on how I can deal wiht this is most greatfully recieved.

Cheers
Stewart

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.