× Members

Esa assessment

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #157490 by Triggie1981
Esa assessment was created by Triggie1981
Hello,

I don't want to come across as stupid because I've never claimed anything before I went to a assessment on Tuesday which I thought was the pip assessment which had the same questions as pip. I then received a letter today saying my pip assessment Was in a couple of weeks in Preston. I went to st martins house. My query is the esa said months ago I couldn't claim money as I didn't pay enough tax last year because for half of that I was off with my baby. They said the might pay my national insurance contributions towards my pension and I've been sending my suck notes to them as had a operation. So was that assessment because of that I was in there for 1 hour 20 minutes ? Because the lady was taking about mobility? I'm confused? Can anyone help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #157502 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment

Triggie1981 wrote: Hello,

I don't want to come across as stupid because I've never claimed anything before I went to a assessment on Tuesday which I thought was the pip assessment which had the same questions as pip. I then received a letter today saying my pip assessment Was in a couple of weeks in Preston. I went to st martins house. My query is the esa said months ago I couldn't claim money as I didn't pay enough tax last year because for half of that I was off with my baby. They said the might pay my national insurance contributions towards my pension and I've been sending my suck notes to them as had a operation. So was that assessment because of that I was in there for 1 hour 20 minutes ? Because the lady was taking about mobility? I'm confused? Can anyone help

Even though you appear to only be eligible for NI Credits, these will only be paid if you meet the ESA criteria and you are found to have Limited Capability for Work, which is why you have had to attend a face to face.

Have you checked whether you are entitled to Income Related ESA?

ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris