× Members

Dla to Pip at 16 help

More
8 years 1 week ago #157512 by WeeL
Dla to Pip at 16 help was created by WeeL
Hi. My daughter was recently 16 & her PIP assessment was meant to be today but I cancelled it due to feeling unwell. The new appointment had to be arranged by 3pm today and within a 2 week window.

The new appointment is 12th May, right in the middle of her exams - all 3 dates offered were. When I asked if it could wait until after 25th May I was told no. I really think this is going to have a detrimental effect on her mental health & exams. It couldn't be at a more stressful time. Even without exams, the thought of attending is overwhelming. Does she have any options?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157536 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla to Pip at 16 help

WeeL wrote: Hi. My daughter was recently 16 & her PIP assessment was meant to be today but I cancelled it due to feeling unwell. The new appointment had to be arranged by 3pm today and within a 2 week window.

The new appointment is 12th May, right in the middle of her exams - all 3 dates offered were. When I asked if it could wait until after 25th May I was told no. I really think this is going to have a detrimental effect on her mental health & exams. It couldn't be at a more stressful time. Even without exams, the thought of attending is overwhelming. Does she have any options?

I'm afraid that claimants are normally only allowed two opportunities to attend an assessment, a second failure could result in her file being returned to the DWP with the possibility that they will close the PIP claim and the DLA claim four weeks later.

Your problem is that decisions on assessment appointments are the responsibility of the Assessment Provider and there is little room for others to interfere in this,

I would start by contacting the DWP office dealing with her claim, ask for a call back, the call centre staff are unlikely to be able to help you, this could take five working days to happen.

You can also contact your MP

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.