× Members

ESA moving groups

More
8 years 4 days ago #157515 by mmurph64
ESA moving groups was created by mmurph64
Hi ,
can anyone point me in the right direction to get someone moved from the ESA work group to the ESA support group. The person I am concerned about has been in the work group due to severe Asperger's. However recently they have suffered a majoe psychotic episode and are under the care of the early intervention team and psychiatrist. It appears they have developed bipolar affeective disorder. Does anyone know the correct pathway to get them moved or reassesssed?
Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 days ago #157532 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA moving groups
Hello Michael

Before we go any further, your full name is showing. If you want to change this, go to the 'frequently asked questions' section of the forum and it explains there how to change things

Your question; I think you will need to telephone the DWP and explain that there has been a change of circumstances in your friend's condition and ask for a form to fill in to explain this change. You will need details of his medical team, support from his GP etc., to accompany your claim form, also if you (as his friend) could detail how much help he needs and what form this takes (keep a diary for a while explaining all the problems) that should help his case.

If he is in the work group there is a requirement to attend meeting at the job centre? Perhaps you should also contact them to explain the situation ; your friend doesn't need sanctions to add to his problem. Good luck :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #157595 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA moving groups
To add to Shelam's excellent advice - reporting a change of circumstances will trigger a full review of your friend's ESA. This will include an ESA50 form and possibly a face 2 face assessment too. The Decision Maker will have the whole range of results available, from 'Support Group' to 'Fit for Work'.

I mention this in case you do not feel your friend is well enough to go through the whole process at the moment (paradoxical though that would be!).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.