× Members

esa(icr) stops because of pension

More
8 years 3 days ago #157544 by goldie54
esa(icr) stops because of pension was created by goldie54
hi all new to thread,my husband claimed his pension early he is my full time career ,i was receiving income based esa and and they have now said because he paid it towards paying our mortgage we have put ours selves in deprivation and now i can only claim contribution based esa and this is reduced by my small pensions of £240.00 a year. and have to refund any over payment.this was not done to secure or increase benefits and was done to secure a roof over our heads, going to ask for a reconsideration but would appreciate any help regarding our predicament as it was not done to gain from the system

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 days ago #157559 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa(icr) stops because of pension

goldie54 wrote: hi all new to thread,my husband claimed his pension early he is my full time career ,i was receiving income based esa and and they have now said because he paid it towards paying our mortgage we have put ours selves in deprivation and now i can only claim contribution based esa and this is reduced by my small pensions of £240.00 a year. and have to refund any over payment.this was not done to secure or increase benefits and was done to secure a roof over our heads, going to ask for a reconsideration but would appreciate any help regarding our predicament as it was not done to gain from the system

I'm afraid there is little advice that we can offer, the general principle is that debts such as mortgage should only cleared/reduced with monies that have specifically designated for that purpose, for example an endowment policy.

I would get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #157592 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa(icr) stops because of pension
In addition to Gordon's reply - the first £85 per week of private pension is disregarded before contributory ESA starts to be reduced, so your small pension should not have any effect.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.