× Members

ESA

• clatow23
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 days ago #157568 by clatow23
ESA was created by clatow23
Hi,

Do ESA regulations 29 and 35 still exist?

Just wondering if I would be able to use them, and if so the best way to go about it. I suffer from depression and anxiety. I had therapy last year but gave it up as therapist was useless, I am on waiting list for another course of therapy

Within the last 12 months, my family actually had to call the police out on two occasions because I was that bad. I had lashed out at family, threw a glass which got smashed, kicked a hole in door and had my tablets in a glass ready to take. This resulted in my GP surgery reducing my tablets to 4 day supply

I've had an occasion only a week ago where I put a hole in wall smacking my laptop into it. Family are finding it extremely difficult to live with me - they tread on egg shells in case they say the wrong thing and it sets me off

My dad this morning actually said to me, you're not just depressed. You're mentally ill.

Just heard I have to attend a face to face medical which has absolutely crushed me. I feel helpess :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #157578 by laura03
Replied by laura03 on topic ESA
Hi clatow23,

Please do not be alarmed by the medical examination, the DWP invite claimants for one if there was not enough information in your ESA1 or ESA50 form for them to make a decision about your capability for work.

ESA regulations can be found on legislation.gov.uk. The health care professional who would
carry out your examination is bound to adhere to this legislation. If those sections of the legislation you refer to apply to you, you'll be scored accordingly.

Please see the link below to our guide - Employment and Support Allowance claims for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties: a guide to the limited capability for work assessment:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Best wishes,

laura0303
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.