× Members

ESA Suspension

More
7 years 11 months ago #157616 by LJP
ESA Suspension was created by LJP
In January this year I had an interview with a customer compliance officer and as a result had my ESA suspended. Three months on my ESA is still suspended and I am no clearer as to when a decision will be made by the independent body that is handling my case. I only know this much because of telephoning the DWP almost weekly and then calling the compliance officer who had met me in January.
I am wary of giving more concrete details of my case but would be grateful if anyone can answer any of my following questions:
1. Is there a time limit by which the independent assessor must make a decision?
2. Should I be kept informed by the DWP of the progress of my case? It has been me that has made all the telephone calls and I have not received any letters to state that I have been put on a suspension.
3. Am I still eligible for certain concessions, e.g. free medical prescriptions, eyesight tests?
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #157623 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Suspension
LJP

To try and answer your questions.

1. I'm afraid there is no required timescale for a Decision to be made within, you might want to involve your MP given how long you have been waiting, they can't get involved in the process but they may be able to speed it up.

Contacting your MP

2. I would have expected a letter confirming that your ESA payments have been suspended until further notice, but there's no obligation on the DWP to keep you informed unless further action is being taken or a Decision has been made.

3. If you were receiving Income Related ESA then the suspension does not remove your entitlement to ESA, but I would be circumspect in making use of this as any negative Decision is likely to apply no later than when your payments were stopped and possibly earlier, removing your current entitlement.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LJP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.