× Members

ESA renewel answer been waiting over 12 weeks

More
7 years 11 months ago #157646 by louisbenji
I have been getting DLA since for over 10 years. I have been getting ESA which was incapacity benefit for 10 years. I have recently been sent the capability for work questionnaire renewal form. I had not heard anything from them for 6 weeks and called Maximus and told me that they had written to my GP on the 28th Feb and did not answer until the 22nd March. They informed me if I had not heard anything by a couple of weeks contact us again. I did, someone different told me that they most probably wrote to my GP to see if I needed to be called into have a medical assessment or something that I put on the form that they were not sure about and needed more information from my GP. I telephoned again on the 25th April and was told that a decision had still not bee reached as it was still with medical assessors and was being scrutinized, I am now more confused than ever as not sure what this means. I sent everything including prescriptions to prove all the conditions I have. I was told in the past that they have always made a decision by what i had written on previous forms. It is now 12 weeks since i sent the form off and have still mot had a answer. Phoned DWP on the29th April and they said that it was still in the hands of Maximus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157649 by Gordon
jacky

You need to contact Maximus, not the DWP for an update

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

I'm afraid there is no required time for the assessment process to be completed in.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #157661 by gillyk59
Replied by gillyk59 on topic ESA renewel answer been waiting over 12 weeks
Hello jacky just to reassure you that you are not alone. My GP returned teir request for info on 9th march and I am still waiting for either a F2F appointment or a decision. I have rung Maximus and they just say there is abacklog.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: louisbenji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.