× Members

PIP confusion

More
7 years 11 months ago #157647 by kimonfield
PIP confusion was created by kimonfield
Dear Benefits and work,

Please can you help and advice me on the following issues.

Approximately some four weeks ago I received the dreaded letter with the application form for the re-assessment of ESA, I filled the form in and sent it back within the requested time frame. Some three weeks later I was sent another letter asking me to attend a face to face assessment on the 12th may 2016. I was somewhat concerned about this appointment as I was 65 on the 24th April and subsequently was now on state pension and not eligible for ESA anymore. I phoned the DWP and told them this and they said that they would contact the department and cancel my appointment. Then some three days later I was sent another letter telling me that my DLA was about to finish and asking me to phone them by a certain date to tell them if I wanted to apply for PIP. They will ask me certain questions over the phone then decide whether I will have to attend a face to face assessment. What should I do? Is this normal practise, or can I stay on DLA and continue to claim this benefit?

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Mr K T Field

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157650 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP confusion
kimon

The letter about your DLA claim is completely separate from what has been happening with your ESA.

I'm afraid you do need to contact the DWP to start a PIP claim, as your under 65 on 8 April 2013 you meet the requirement for transfer to PIP even though you are now over 65.

See our PIP Claim guide for details of the process.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimonfield

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.