× Members

ESA50 Form

More
7 years 11 months ago #157654 by Mikey
ESA50 Form was created by Mikey
I have been receiving ESA (support group) for the last two years.
I have just received a fresh ESA50 Capability for Work Questionnaire Form.

I have read on this site that forwarding a letter from my GP would be advisable.

I know that there is a letter - relating to exceptional circumstances Regulation 29 and 35 - that can be used when appealing against a decision. My GP signed it when I appealed against a decision 2 years ago.

Would it be of benefit to me if I included this SAME letter (freshly signed by my GP) when forwarding the Capability for Work Questionnaire form to Bootle Centre for Health and Disability Assessments?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157664 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA50 Form
Hello Michael

In case you weren't aware, your full name is showing at the beginning of your post; if you would like to change this, go to 'Frequently asked questions' and it will explain there how you can change this.

In answer to your question, yes, it would probably be a good idea to re-submit the letter (newly signed) that you used at your appeal, along with any fresh evidence in support of your claim that you may have picked up in the past couple of years.

Good luck with the new questionnaire. :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #157667 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 Form
If you are relying on the 'Exceptional Circumstances' rules, the onus is entirely on you to prove that this is still the case. 'Common sense' might suggest that things will not have changed but that will not be enough for DWP! I would say that your letter will be vital.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #157674 by neptuno
Replied by neptuno on topic ESA50 Form
Is the GP exceptional rules letter in the files As I can't find it ?

More
7 years 11 months ago #157692 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 Form

neptuno wrote: Is the GP exceptional rules letter in the files As I can't find it ?

We don't have a copy of this letter, it was produced by the Black Triangle site. I haven't looked at the letters for several months, but the last time I did they did not reflect the current law for this area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.