× Members

shopping agency on benefits

More
7 years 11 months ago #157715 by Thomas carstairs
shopping agency on benefits was created by Thomas carstairs
My wife has been running a catalogue with littlewoods for 25 years and we have claimed esa for 3 years after an accident which means i cannot work as now disabled and my wife is my carer after a lengthy investigation by dwp fraud department they have latched on to the agency amd accused us of not declaring this and they class this as work as the rewards commission is an earning even though the toat commission over a year is £100 per year or less
they have also said that to sell to a member of the family is classed as running a self employed business
has anyone any information on this or is it a new dwp tactic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157759 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic shopping agency on benefits
T

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I assume that you are receiving Income Related ESA otherwise you wife's earnings would not be an issue.

Technically the DWP would be correct, your wife is acting as a self-employed person and this should have been declared, however, given the amount of earnings I would be very surprised if it resulted in any further action.

If it does then you will need to get face to face advice as it is likely that you will need to have someone go through the documentation associated with the issue which we cannot do on the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.