× Members

pip medical

More
7 years 11 months ago #157790 by rosie
pip medical was created by rosie
Hi
I have my pip medical tomorrow. ..I'm on middle care and higher rate motobility and esa..what do need to take...I have frontal temporal dementia with speech issues and spondylolisthesis
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157792 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic pip medical
Hi Rosie

Sorry you have to go through the assessment; not a nice thought.

You ask what you have to take - well, if there is any supportive evidence you didn't send with your application form, you might take that along, (any recent medical tests, letters from consultants etc)

What the assessor wants is to see how your illness'disability affects your ability to function on a daily basis. S/he will check various things - see whether the answers you give her compare with the answers you put on the application form, and so on. I'm assuming you'll be taking someone with you, because that's always a good idea - they can check on whether the assessor is treating you fairly and not expecting you to do anything you're not comfortable with etc. If you can't do something, tell the assessor,why; if he'she asks you to do something that you are not happy with, refuse and explain why you are refusing.

Remember that you are being observed from the moment you arrive at the centre - if you have stated you have issues with mobility that will be checked. If your speech issues are very severe, will whoever is with you be able to explain to the assessor what you are trying to tell him/her?

All you can do is tell honestly what is wrong with you and how your illness complicates your life. If the assessment is not in your favour, then you can ask for Mandatory Reconsideration. If you need to do this, then get back to us and we will be able ti help you. Hopefully it won't come to that.!!

If you bookmark this page then you will be able to get back to us in the future if needed, and we can help you. Good luck with the assessment. :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #157796 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip medical
Just a reminder - don't forget to take your appointment letter and ID with you. Good luck! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.