× Members

ESA Work Capability Assessment

More
8 years 1 week ago #157798 by Patricia
ESA Work Capability Assessment was created by Patricia
Hi, I'm looking for help and support, my husband had a stroke in june 2013 and whilst in hospital they discovered he has heart failure and LBBB with an ejection fraction of 23%, he went back to work 3 and 1/2 months after the stroke and heart failure diagnosis, his employer was very supportive and allowed him to do work than was less hands on however he was making mistakes due to his reduced concentration abilities and also memory problems, finally he was disciplined for giving a client medication after expressley being told not to, he found another job in the same field and was sacked for giving a client the wrong dosage of medication, shortly after he began experiencing fainting spells and was advised by his GP he could no longer work. We applied for and have been getting the ESA assessent phase payment since june 2015, this is contribution based and due to end 16 june. we finally received an appt for his WCA on 20 may. He had a biventricular pacemaker/defibrillator implanted on 12 april. He suffers from breathless, extreme fatigue and nausea and is unable to walk very far without feeling breathless and being in pain. I am so worried about the WCA, please could you help?
Many thanks
Pattie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157804 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Work Capability Assessment
Hi Pattie and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that you and your husband are having such a worrying time :(

Our ESA guides have a section that explains what to expect from the face 2 face assessment. It will not be a 'medical' in any accepted sense of the word and you will wonder about the relevance of some questions!

The ESA assessment does not look at whether someone is fit for work, what kind of work they might be capable of or whether anyone would employ them! What it does look at is very specific criteria (descriptors) and it is meeting these that will result in the award of ESA.

ESA claims and appeals

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. that means that you will be able to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously if everything relating to one claim is kept in the same place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #157998 by Bearer
Replied by Bearer on topic ESA Work Capability Assessment
I can see that you are just trying to help but I don't think it is appropriate or relevant!

Gordon

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158800 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic ESA Work Capability Assessment
HI Gordon, have you any help or guidance to offer, the WCA is now 2 days away
many thanks
Pattie

More
7 years 11 months ago #158828 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Work Capability Assessment

Patricia wrote: HI Gordon, have you any help or guidance to offer, the WCA is now 2 days away
many thanks
Pattie

Mrs H replied to your original post with a reference to the ESA Claim guides, see their post above.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159058 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic ESA Work Capability Assessment
My husband had his face to face WCA today and the health professional advised he was recommending my husband for the support group!!! I took further evidence to the WCA, he read it carefully, got more information from my husband about his physcial health, said he was going to speak to advisor to check if he could cut the WCA a bit shorter since it was evident my husband was suffering from severe heart failure. He was gone 10 minutes or so, when he came back he said the advisor said my husband should go into the support group as well. He took a bit more information, told us although he was recommending my husband be placed in support group, the final decision would be made by DWP decision maker. But we are very hopeful. Thanks so much for all your help and support!!

Pattie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.